This proposal is for Gro DAO to fund the Panda product pod for another term, with 3 voting options:
- Fund Panda Pod for another 6-month term
- Fund panda pod for a 1 month extension
- Rejection of the all options above
The proposal will be open for comments over the next 5 days.
In the past six months, Panda Pod has achieved over 100% on its two terms OKRs, having taken on additional objectives mid-term to assist in high urgency and important tasks that the DAO needed to have handled. You can see our OKRs and reviews here
Below is a summary of our work from the 1st term:
Design and implement an entirely cross-chain relayer to extend the investment of GVT from other chains
Strategy research, complete the research on strategies such as lvUSD, crvUSD, etc., and collect strategies that can be further researched and developed in the future
[Extra] Implement the core protocol monitoring and alerting service. Added critical alerts (metapool slippage, asset ratio and other abnormal assets change checks) to inform the community. This was an additional objective that was added mid-term to support the DAO.
Compare the cost and performance of several bridge services such as stargate, connext, across, cbridge and L2 native bridges. Select proper service for the cross-chain relayer.
Analyze the Multichain bridge crash issue to have deeper understand of the risk of utilizing bridge services
Apply for the emergency multisign member to cover more time zones of emergency situations.
Implement the graph to show the operation data between multiple chains
Build the dashboard to monitor the cross-chain status.
Create the auto task scripts to manage the admin functions of the cross chain relayer
Following the Gro DAO collaboration framework 2, the Panda Product Pod will include contributors who participate in engineering, product design, and product management.
4 full-time contributors and 2 part-time would form the Panda Product Pod:
- WW (backend & smart contract)
- LH (backend & smart contract)
- VW (backend & smart contract)
- SC (product & pod facilitator)
- Kwww (product)
- EW (front-end)
6 month mandate - Team budget of 276,000 USDC to cover the 6 contributors for 6 months + 6,000 USDC to cover remaining audit costs
1 month mandate - Team budget of $49,000 USDC to cover the 6 contributors for 1 month + 6,000 USDC to cover remaining audit costs
- New Mandate: 6 months
With the Gro DAO’s funding support, the Panda Pod will be able to focus on researching and implementing new strategies that will increase the APYs offered by PWRD and GVT and address the core critical problem with the protocol today.
- Launch the cross-chain deposit relayer
- Keep improving the web ui and dashboard of the cross-chain relayer
- Continue to maintain the alerting system
- Introduce new strategies to community and vote for whitelist those opportunities
- Build the base strategy to support invest with other yield token than 3crv (including building modules that manage slippage and check price oracles)
- Implement the whitelisted strategies
- Setup the stop loss logic and review with other pods
- Update monitoring and alerting service to support new critical checkpoints
- Update web and middle layer to properly show the assets distribution and exposure.
- Support emergency signature to cover more time zones.
- 1 month extension
Enable Panda pod to finish testing, auditing, and launching the deposit relayer, and start to identify strategies for implementation in a 2nd term
In the event that the aforementioned option is not approved, the Panda team will carefully review the proposal and engage in a thorough dialogue with the community to incorporate any feedback received. This collaborative approach will enable us to refine the proposal and ultimately identify the most suitable solution that aligns with the community’s interests and expectations.
Panda Product Pod will update the DAO on its progress regularly through the community channels such as Community Forum, Discord, and Telegram.
In addition, there will be a monthly report to summarize progress achieved and high-level plans for the next months on the Community Forum.
The Panda Pod is eager to receive feedback and encourages active participation from the community in shaping the future of its endeavors, ultimately fostering a collaborative environment that drives the success of Gro DAO’s mission.
Give indication whether you would support this proposal or not
- I support a 2nd full term for Panda pod
- I support a 1 month extension for Panda pod
- I have suggestions