G-Force - Community Feedback - Reflecting on Epoch 1 & Feedback for Epoch 2

TLDR: Gro’s decentralised marketing team, G-Force, worked hard over the last 4 weeks and produced some incredible results! This week we’re wrapping up Epoch 1 with the strongest contributors announced on Friday 17 December. We’re collecting community feedback for the launch of Epoch 2 next Wednesday 22 December.

Reflecting on Epoch 1

A few weeks ago we launched a decentralised marketing team called G Force that was onboarded entirely from the community. The first epoch ran for 4 weeks and is ending on Tuesday 14 Dec (end of day).

Over the last month G-Force exceeded all our expectations, producing a lot of amazing work (including beautiful animations, DAO introductions, Medium articles, DeFi Prime listing, tweets, memes and so on). To see everything they got up to, check out the Medium articl G-Force channel of our Discord (that now has an animated logo thanks to G-Force)!

What’s next for G-Force?

:confetti_ball: As mentioned before, the strongest contributors of Epoch 1 will be announced on Friday 17 December.

We’ll take a few days to announce & celebrate the winners, give out the GRO rewards and reflect on how we can make Epoch 2 even more epic — with your feedback as always! Some ideas that we’d like to discuss include:

1. Should Epoch 2 have a smaller team? Epoch 1 had 19 team members. Having a smaller cohort would allow for better engagement between G-Force and core team members
  2. Should G-Force have a dedicated budget? Some of G-Force members requested a budget for expenses like video production, giveaways etc. Right now there is no budget specifically allocated for G-Force needs.
  3. Should there be a fixed amount payable for all G4s + bonus for performance? This option would only be available to members who proved themselves in epoch 1 provided they want to remain in Epoch 2 and continue to deliver value.
  4. Should we be more specific with tasks for G-Force? It may be the case that more value can be delivered by G-Force if they have a clearer direction, receiving tasks from within the community and core team (in addition to having the freedom to come up with their own activities).
  5. If you’ve used Coordinape before - can you recommend it for tracking contributions and allocating rewards? In epoch 1 (which has experimental nature) G-Force members vote for each other to determine the strongest contributors. However, as we are looking to make rewards in epoch 2 more transparent and fair as well as improve cooperation within G-Force, Coordinape has been suggested as a useful tool - please check it out if you haven’t and share your thoughts on it.
  6. What additional feedback do you have on how G-Force can be improved?

Epoch 2 will launch on Wednesday 22 December and we aim to work out all the details of Epoch 2 by Monday 20 December.

3 Likes

1. Should Epoch 2 have a smaller team?

I think having larger team is fine since it allows for more ideas and individual to connect with the product. However, I think the reward mechanism should be changed. As suggested in point no. 3.

2. Should G-Force have a dedicated budget?

There should be a minimum budget allocated for G4s. The option here are:

• Allocate common budget for G4s. In this case either G4s themselves /core team member will decide if a proposed budget required by a member should be approved or how much amt shall be approved. This can be in the form of simple discord poll/discussion.
  • Allocate some minimum budget to each G4s member. This do provide some flexibility but can be free money considering G4s is yet to evolve into fully functioning marketing arm.
  • Hybrid method. Allocate some minimum budget to top 3-5 G4s performers. Remaining members or for expenses greater then minimum allotted amt, members will need to request to team. Here it will still be essential to standardize min/max amt that can be requested for a particular service.

3. Should there be a fixed amount payable for all G4s + bonus for performance?

Since I am more inclined to keep G4s at least 20 in number, I think fixed amount should be given to only top 3-5 performer of previous epoch. This will create an added incentive to perform. For others we can continue similar structure but limit substantial reward to top 10. G4s is an open invitation to anyone who wants to be a good marketing professional, but to get regular work they need to work hard.

4. Should we be more specific with tasks for G-Force?

I think we need to make some specific goals on what G-Force needs to achieve. These goals will be made by team, community and G-4s member together. For eg. Let’s say one of the members is constantly posting infographic content in twitter but he lacks following to make a significant impact. So we need to have proper funnel to use that content and share it to larger audience via influencer / paid ads / organically boosting those tweets through community.
We need to make a plan on what work can be done by G4s and what needs to be done to make those work visible to as many ppl as possible. I think an excel or notion page can be made for this.

5. If you’ve used Coordinape before - can you recommend it for tracking contributions and allocating rewards?

Never used before. Will have to explore.

6. What additional feedback do you have on how G-Force can be improved?

I think in first Epoch collaboration was particularly missing. This was mainly because we are still trying to figure out each other strengths and beliefs. Also, there was lack of common direction. The work being done was very random by everyone.

For Epoch 2, I’ll like to see more object-oriented work. Each work can be documented to depict the process that needs to be done to ensure success and not just completion. Force or community members can contribute in any stage of process. There is no point in becoming top contributor if overall objective was not a success. For this to be done, a G4s member can volunteer to take up the job of drafting each process from inception to success criteria. KPIs will be devised for each stage. This will be done by discussing any idea coming to G4s from within/ team /community. We can test this for Epoch 2 and see how it goes.

1 Like